Friday, April 8, 2011

Change of plans...

The week before Tates Birthday I spent a lot of time I planning out all of my outfits, swim suits, and beach hats that I would pack to go to South Beach on Thursday. I thought of how fabulous the weekend in Florida celebrating my little sisters 18th Birthday would be and just couldn't wait to get there! Wednesday night I packed my clothes and spent time with Jeff who wasnt going to be able to go due to an exam... no surprise there. Thursday came and I was on the road to Dallas to meet my dad, Tate, and two of her friends, Michael and Janelle. Half way there I get a call from my dad saying that our flight to Miami has be cancelled! WHAT! NO! He had to be kidding and for a good 2 minutes I thought he was. Once I realized he was serious I pulled over, called my sister and came up with plan B... party at our favorite spot in Dallas... Hotel ZaZa! It never lets us down. Hotel ZaZa is home of the Magnificent Seven Suites, an amazing Spa, and my personal favorite.... Big Flirt Martinis! My dad was already in Dallas and I would be arriving there about 4 hours before Tate and her friends so my dad and I met up and made a plan of our own. First stop was Hotel ZaZa where we got the last Magnificent Seven Suite available, Dangerous Beauty, things were now looking brighter!

I love surprises, big or small, I just love them! My sister has been wanting a new car so dad and I went to the dealership and ended up leaving the lot with a new car for the Birthday Girl. We asked them to park it in front of Hotel ZaZa with a big red bow on it. The presentation of the car was special because he and my mom did the same thing for me on my 18th Birthday... mom took me to the dealership to test drive the car I wanted just one more time and as I walked in "my" car had a huge pink bow on it on the showroom floor... my heart sank. Someone had bought the car that I wanted so badly... that someone was my parents... the car was MINE!!! Anyway back to Tate's car... we drove to the airport to pick her up and as we got to ZaZa she saw the car she got excited, then confused not knowing if it was hers or not. Dad told her that car was ugly and most certainly not hers... he then asked the valet if we could look inside it just for fun. They of course let us knowing it was hers... dad then handed her the keys and she was ecstatic!  
That night we went to dinner at TruLucks and then went back to the hotel to play card games and put on a small country concert in our room.



Friday we had a fabulous breakfast and then spent the morning at the ZaSpa getting massages and facials. That afternoon we hit up all our favorite stores at NorthPark and then returned to the hotel to get ready for the evening. Dad made dinner reservations at Nick & Sam's. I had never been there and was amazed at the wonderful service. They sat us in a private room, the food was delicious and we had so much fun. When we got back to the hotel my dad and I went down to the bar for a few drinks but made sure to be back up in the suite by midnight to sing Happy Birthday! If you know Kel you know he loves games and is always coming up with random ones... he decided that we should all bounce a balloon around the room for 15 minutes and if we could do it without it touching the ground we would get a prize. We all looked like idiots but were not about to let that balloon touch the ground... a prize is a prize people! After the game there was still time to kill so dad decided he would tell Kaitlyn his version of her Birth Story... let me tell you that was interesting haha. It was really sweet and going really well until he said "and then you squirted out"... hummm thats original to say the least. When the clock struck 12 we jammed to 50 Cent In da Club haha.







Saturday was Kaitlyn's actual Birthday so we went to The Cupcakery and then to lunch at Mia's before going our seperate ways. I felt bad about cheating on Sprinkles but once I tasted those cupcakes my heart skipped a beat and it was official... I found a new love! The Cupcakery will now be added to my list of must haves when in Uptown. The cupcakes somehow got a messed up before we got them to Mias but they were delicious none the less. I had tank tops made for her South Beach Birthday Bash and we wore them all day Saturday in Dallas instead haha.



It was such a fun time, even though we did not get to go on the Miami trip, it turned out to be an amazing weekend!
You have 352 days left to be 18 Tate, enjoy every second and appreciate all that this year brings! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Looks like ya'll made the most of it and had a blast!! I love the tanks in Dallas and all the yummy food..I want a cupcake now, though!

    ReplyDelete