Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter...

We I decided we would celebrate Easter here in College Station instead of in Abilene this year. Thursday night Erica and the kids came in town. We met them for burgers at Koppe Bridge and then I took the girls with me to Mason's baseball game. My Grammie and Papa drove in for the game also and brought Layne and Landrie. It was so much fun!
Friday my mom and Tate came in and we went to dinner at Knockouts then to Corner Bar so my mom could see what it's all about haha. Saturday we went to the new Tony Roma's then spent the day shopping until... Tate got stung by a wasp on her back 3 times!!! Such a freak thing! She was trying on a really cute romper and the wasp happened to be in the garmet when she put it on... poor thing! She's allergic so we went straight to the doctor and decided to stay home for the rest of the evening. We watched Little Fockers, ate pizza, and dyed Easter eggs. Jeff was so funny once he realized we were dying eggs he asked if any little kids were coming over the next day for an egg hunt... Nope we just like to dye them... Plus they make for a pretty table decoration!



Sunday my mom and I woke up early and prepared our usual Easter Sunday lunch... ham, baked beans, potato salad, and deviled eggs. I also made some lemon bars for dessert which were a huge hit!

After lunch my mom and Tate had to go back to Abilene... after an afternoon nap Jeff and I went over to his parents. Erica and I sipped on adult raspberry lemonade on the porch as the kids played outside for a few hours. Then we hid a ton of Easter eggs for the girls to hunt, it was so wonderful watching them open each egg and being just as surprised as the last candy filled egg... Oh the simple things in life!

 I loved having my mom and sister in town and cried like a baby when they left. This morning when I went to the guestroom to get my work clothes out of the closet I couldn't help but smile because the scent of my mom was still so fresh in the room. I quickly closed the door in hopes that it just might smell like her a little longer.
Hope everyone had a fabulous Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment