Monday, January 23, 2012

A weekend of nothing...

(Warning: Post contains multiple pictures of food!haha)

This weekend I stayed in CS and had nothing that needed had to be done and it was AMAZING! Friday we went to Happy Hour with Heath, Jessica, and Andrew... then carried the party over to Carney's where Kristen, Bailey and Keith joined us! We stayed there well into the night and it was a blast! So glad we all got together.
Saturday I spent the day recovering, it's tough being 25 ha, I needed to rehydrate and relax. I made these little numbers for breakfast and WE LOVED THEM! Def having them again soon!

Jessica came over so we could make tshirts for a Chili cookoff that was Saturday afternoon but after about 3 hours of trying to get my Silhouette blade to cooperate we gave up! I have since ordered a new blade and am anxiously waiting for its arrival! That afternoon I went to see Rach try on her wedding dress for the first time and.... O.M.G. she looked stunning! AH! Can't wait for the wedding an everyone to see her! After that Jeff and I had a late lunch at Panda Express and then watched TV, played with the circus, watched The Ides of March and cooked HOBO dinners. Click here for recipe. I don't follow it exactly... there's room to experiment. I don't use carrots, also add a dash of  worcestershire sauce before baking and then I top mine with sliced cheese after removing from the oven. Super easy and even easier clean up which Jeff loved... I cook it... he cleans it ha.
Sunday Vicki's friends hosted a bridal shower for Rachel. Her mom, sister and aunt were able to come in town and attend and it turned out beautifully! These ladies have a system down when it comes to throwing showers and it was without a doubt perfectly done!




After the shower I went home to finally take down my Christmas tree (I know I know its a month after Christmas but I've been running the roads) and do a little laundry. I made baked sweet potato fries, a vegetable bake, and some steaks for Jeff, Tate and I.
For the fries I washed, peeled, and cut up 3 Large Sweet potatoes just like you would for French Fries. Then tossed them with 1 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tbsp of chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp of cumin , 1 tsp cinnamon,  2 1/2 Tablespoons of Vegetable oil (any oil will work). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the potatoes in a single layer on the pan. Bake at 425 for 20-25 mins. I've found they don't get very crunchy in the oven but they are DELICIOUS none the less!


before baking...
For the squash and zucchini I cut the vegetables up, put them in a foil pan, tossed them with 1tbsp vegetable oil, added 3 cloves of garlic (peeled and chopped), salt, pepper, onion powder, season salt to taste... then put 1/4 cup of water in the pan, covered and baked at 350 for 45 minutes (or until vegetables are tender). 
before

<>
after

Ta-DA!!!

Sorry for the terrible iPhone pictures!
Happy Monday All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment