Monday, January 9, 2012

Playing Catch Up...

Like I said in my previous post we went to visit the Listi's in San Antonio for a few days! So glad we did! We got to play with the kids, do some crafting/baking/sewing, and spend time with them before they move next weekend even farther away! Erica and I found several things we wanted to do or make on blogs and pinterest but life gets in the way and so does wine... however I am very impressed with us... we actually started and completed several things!
We saw these wine and champagne jello shots on pinterest and just had to make them for NYE... They turned out great and I will be making them again!



While looking on pinterest we also found these and thought they would be perfect for the kids... (I think we ate most of them but whos counting)


We had some people over to watch the bowl games and decided to make this Jalapeno Popper Dip that I had made once before thanks to Allison. Again it did not disappoint!


Erica and I both have the book One-Yard Wonders and have been wanting to make something out of it but never really took the time to pick something out or go buy the supplies... Well we went to a boutique in SA to look for Vicki a Birthday gift and stumbled upon some cute oil cloth that was on sale and we knew we just had to make some bean bag booster seats for the kids! Again we had first seen the idea from one of my favorite blogs! We didn't have the foam or the buck wheat hulls since we hadn't actually gone to a craft store and it was New Years Eve so we couldn't complete the seats that day :( Since then we have and they are so cute! I made one for Laney (Nuggs) and Erica made one for Georgia and Hayes-man!  (picture to come)

This past week I have spent most of my time unpacking, washing clothes, cleaning the house, making tshirt blankets and packing again bc this weekend we went to New Orleans to celebrate Bama's trip to the BCS Championship game! Mike and Rach made a lil stop at the JP on their way to NOLA and tied the knot! Woo Hoo! Congrats Mike and Rachel STEVENS! We love you both!
It WAS A BLAST! We went out to some of our favorite bars and did a little gambling at Harrah's! Spending time with my in laws is always a good time and NOLA is one of our favorite places to visit. The atmosphere was great... Mardi Gras, Saints playoff game, LSU v Alabama... The streets were filled with our kind of people... FOOTBALL FANS! I dont know what my deal is lately but I just have been awful about actually taking my camera places... Here are some pics from the iPhone...
Mike sustained an injury while unloading Rach's suitcase...He swears it was at least 80lbs

At Bourbon Cowboy

Even Sid and Vicki came to the bar with us!
Rach got us all buttons...

Erica made us Wine Bottle Bags...

and Aunt Jennie hooked us up with some Skinny Girl Sangria...
Jeff and I were supposed to stay and go to the game with the rest of the family but once again Med School got in the way :( It was so hard leaving Sunday when everyone else was heading to the Bama Block party! Turns out we came back for no reason because this morning he found out his thing was moved to Jan 30th! An email yesterday before we left NO would have been nice!!!
WHAT LUCK!

Tonights the night...
Roll Tide Roll!



No comments:

Post a Comment