Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas...

(I realized that Christmas came before New Years and I in fact typed this post before New Years but just added the pictures so here it is...)
Like years past, Christmas was pretty grand! It started on the 23rd with the Stevens/Listi clan, complete with a dinner of favorites and a family photo! The girls and Hayes are so much fun to watch and such a joy to be around! Oh to be little again! 
Christmas eve Jeff and I headed to Dallas to meet my parents, Tate, B and Cale, along with Cale's family at Cowboys Stadium. Despite Romo getting hurt and the boys losing to the Eagles it was a great time! Christmas eve is Caleb's birthday and it was nice to be able to celebrate with him. After the game our family was off to catch a flight to Utah!!!



We got to Park  City late that night, got checked in and hit the sack! The next morning was Christmas, our first married Christmas to be exact! We ordered room service breakfast, then met up with Tate and my dad and hit the slopes! Jeff doesn't ski due to previous torn ACL injuries but he is such a trooper each year as Tate and I take to the slopes with dad... This is this only semi athletic hobby I take part in and truly love doing and he is so great about it! He took a snowboarding lesson and found a pretty fun bar. Mom doesn't ski either because of her rods in her back and with her broken foot she didn't make it up to the mountain this year to hangout either so once the slopes were closing we went back to the hotel to see mom and open stockings. Santa was too gracious as always! That night we went to Main Street and had a wonderful dinner! Ham, steak, grouper, stuffing, squash, and tempura veggies! Delish! We spent the next day doing much of the same things, skiing, eating and drinking. Tuesday Jeff and I went to breakfast and then met up with the fam to walk around the shops on Main... I convinced Jeffrey that I NEEDED to go in the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory... For the record I loved every last bite of all my purchases there ha.
That afternoon we went snowmobiling... This was great! It was something everyone could participate in and I loved being able to do something mom could be a part of! Tate rode with dad, Jeff had his own ski doo and I drove mom. We had a blast! Mom and I don't like to go fast or be daring so we kept to toward the back of the pack... Jeff and dad not so much! They were the first two behind the guide every time ha.
We went for Mexican food and margaritas after, watched football and basketball that night and packed for the trip home. It was an amazing trip and so nice to go with both of my parents on Christmas! Wish I would have actually gotten my camera out and taken pictures but here are a few from the good ol iPhone...






Tate got a leg cramp after we were tricked by dad into going down one heck of a run which he considered a warm up!
Park City we will be back!

  We got back to CS on the 28th and left the morning of the 29th to go to San Antonio to visit the Listi's and watch Baylor play in the Alamo bowl with the Allen's!
Who doesn't love a good tailgate party!


After the win!!!
Way to go Baylor! Sic Em Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment