Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Vicki...

Today is my mother in laws birthday! We celebrated with her in New Orleans on Sunday before we left to come back to CS. About a month ago when trying to decide what we would get her or how we would celebrate her special day I decided we just had to make her "A party in a box"! I thought that this would be perfect so we could make sure to recognize her special day even in the middle of the National Championship chaos! Over New Years Erica and I went to this little boutique in SA and found her a necklace from all of us. I must admit that I LOVE it and really want one for myself! It is a Waxing Poetic necklace, I had never heard of it before but it is apparently very popular! We chose three charms for her necklace (symbolic of the 3 families that were giving it), one was an S for Stevens, the other her birthstone, and the last one says "Love Conquers All". There were hundreds to choose from but I am very happy with our selection and she just loved it!

The party in the box was so fun to make and was a big hit... I see many more box parties in the future!


First I made some tissue paper bunting

Then lined the box with party paper

found all the necessary party supplies

bought a little cake

Put the cake in a purple school supplies box with a purple bow and stuffed everything in the box

added a bow to and gift tag to the outside and waited to unleash the party ;D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKI!
HOPE YOUR DAY IS AS FABULOUS AS YOU ARE!
WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment