Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend please don't go...

So sad to see the weekend has passed so quickly! Last week was a test week in our home this means Jeff spent the week studying up at med school and I spent the week swearing I would do the laundry and be productive so we could lounge all weekend. I HATE LAUNDRY! We have been in and out of town since beginning of December and since Im always looking for any excuse not to do laundry this was the perfect reason. I did a couple of loads throughout the week, (after a few rounds in the washer bc I may or may not have let them sit there for a little too long and had to rewash them ha) and they made it to the Bama couch in Jeff's office but never folded themselves... Im certain they will still be there when I get off work today and I will then finally fold and put them away.

This weekend was much too perfect to take time out to do laundry! I LOVE LOVE LOVE when Jeff has a Friday test because that leaves the whole weekend for us to spend time together. I really started my weekend on Thursday when I met up with Cortney for drinks at Cheddars, to talk about her bachelorette party, and upcoming wedding. Cortney is a friend of mine and the soon to be sister in law of my best friend/college roommate Brittany or B as I like to call her. B's mom Tam and brother Ryan joined us for dinner and it was so great catching up with all of them. Since moving to College Station I don't have many friends here and was thrilled to be out of the house and spending some time with the three of them. We must do this more often!

Tam and I at Cheddars
After Cheddars I met up with Mike and Rach at Corner Bar then took Jeff some dinner and called it a night. Friday was test day for Jeffrey and that means Happy Hour at Garpez! If you know me you know Im a planner, I love having a plan, I must have a plan... I had a plan for our weekend and that plan was to do very little. After taking the circus to the vet Friday afternoon it was off to Garpez with Jeff and Logan to enjoy some frozen margaritas with a beer mixed in. The rest of the night was spent at our house playing Xbox and watching movies... I was in heaven! Saturday morning we went to brunch at La Bodega and then to see The Dilemma. It was pretty cute and I enjoyed the time spent with Jeffrey. We returned home to watch a few of our favorite Alabama seniors play in the Senior Bowl and enjoyed lounging on the couch with the circus. I soaked it all in, Jeff at home with spare time on his hands, both dogs and cats sitting still at the same time, watching Greg McElroy sport that Crimson Tide helmet one last time, wrapped in the quilt my Great Granny made, and having no obligations for the remainder of the day...Oh it was beautiful!!! 

Saturday evening rolled around and just as I got out of the shower and in to a clean pair of jams Jeff's phone kept going off. He wasn't saying anything but got antsy haha it was the boys and they were in the Man Cave at a new place here in town called Knockouts, he was itching to go. I just laughed and agreed to deviate from our original plan of doing nothing and staying home... soon I was in the Man Cave, having drinks from the table tap with the boys, listening to their talk of hockey, football, basketball, baseball, and soccer. So funny how much joy it brings me just to see Jeff having a good time with his boys... it makes me miss my girls so much more. We closed out the night with Mike and Rach at Carney's, planning vacations, drinking Whip Its, and exchanging stories.

Sunday came and we met at Johnny Carino's to celebrate Jeff's nephew, Brett's 13th Birthday! We watched the Lady Bears beat the Aggies in some basketball... as the time ran out on the clock I shouted Sic Em, picked up Beckham and did a little jig with excitement! (Sorry to all my Aggie Loves) Last night we went to dinner and to see No Strings Attached... I loved it! So cute! Now Monday has returned, we are refueled, its back to studying for Jeffrey, and back to work and entertaining myself for another week! Great news though... I have two girls coming over to watch Bachelor with me tonight and my cousin Mason's basketball game on Wednesday. This week maybe I'll even squeeze in some crafting or cupcake making. Counting down until Friday when I return to Abilene to see the fam, Mel's growing baby belly and beautiful pregnancy glow, Nuggs, and Ali! I cannot wait! Hope your weekend was a wonderful and relaxing as ours!

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing laundry all day today thanks to your laundry pic reminding me about my overtaken hamper. Thanks- ha. But good thing because I wanna be free to hang with my bestie come Friday when you get here!!!! Is there no convincing Jeff to come with? Marsh needs a fwend.

    ReplyDelete