Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Little Loves...



Lately I have been getting to see all my little loves! I went home to Abilene last weekend for Tate's Winter Formal and my dad's 49th birthday! I drove in Friday afternoon and went straight to see Mel. When I was living in Abilene this is what I did everyday come 5:30, big adjustment when I moved away. I rode with her to pick up Nuggs from school, I was amazed at how much she has grown and changed since I have been gone. I see pictures and videos all the time but they just don't do the trick! It was so nice spending time with the Morris fam.

At Laney's 1st bday party, I didn't get any pictures from this time.
I met my mom for dinner at Outback and spent the rest of the night with her... drinking Bud Light and talking... 2 of our favorite things! There's just something so special about being back in my bedroom at mom's, she hasn't changed it one bit since I went to college. Beckham and Lexi stayed home with Jeff so Libby, my pup at moms house, and Tate slept with me in my old room. I cherished every second of this night, I woke up a million times and just stared at them sleeping. With Kaitlyn being almost 7 years younger than I am I often still think of her as a baby hah. 

Saturday we went to lunch at El Fenix with Dad to celebrate his birthday and then spent the rest of the day running around town getting Tate ready for formal. Everyone met at my moms house for a few pictures and to get on the party bus that my parents had arranged for them to take to formal. My dad came over before everyone else and for 45 minutes it was just the four of us, sitting in the living room, mom with her bud light in hand, dad with his coors light, talking, laughing, as if nothing ever changed. Im so thankful that my parents still get along and are able to do things together for Kaitlyn and I.



Once Tate was off to dinner and the dance Mom and I went to dinner at Chilis and then over to play with my friend Casilea's baby girl, Cadence.


Sunday when I got back to College Station we went over to Jeff's parents to see Erica and the kids. We talked about Emma's 4th birthday party plans, ate chili, drank wine and watched football! Perfect end to a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! It's so nice to think about you, Tate, Sus & Kel enjoying some time just y'all. How wonderful it is that that is still possible. And I'm sending you an updated photo of Laney asap :). We MUST take a new one of you two the next time you're here (next weekend!!!!). LOVE YOU, NONNIE!

    ReplyDelete