Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New "homemade" Furniture

As a wedding gift my dad MADE Alex and I our bedroom furniture (2 night stands, and a dresser). Because we had such a short engagement he didnt have enough time to finish it all before we moved. But, this past week I went to Abilene to pick the dresser up...and it is beautiful! Over the christmas break Alex and my dad actually started on the dresser, so for me this dresser is super special because they both made it!

On my way home I called Al to tell him "you might want to get a dolly because the dresser is very heavy." But of course he recalls a different conversation (l0l!). Anyways, our wonderful neighbors Tabby and Jordan came over to help. I wish I took pictures of this but I was freaking out the entire time that it was going to drop. Tabby even told me one time that I might just want to wait in our apartment. The guys carried up the dresser (200+ pounds) up 3 flights of stairs literally one step at a time with not a scratch on it! They are amazing!!!

The BEAUTIFUL dresser Dad and Alex made!

The dresser with a little decor on top!

I''m so lucky to have such an amazing carpenter as a dad and a husband who is learning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment