Thursday, December 15, 2011

Santa's Wonderland...

Friday Jeff had to work until Midnight and the little Listis were coming in town so I decided to take them to Santa's Wonderland. It is a light park on the outskirts of town and it is magnificent! I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to take all three kids and knew they would love it but Sid and Vicki were not so sure that I should take all three of them for fear it would be too much for me to handle. After going back and forth with them about it I finally convinced them to let me take all of the kids and I am so glad that they agreed!!! We had so much fun!
Once inside the park I let the girls get out of their carseats and come sit in the passenger seat to get a better view of the lights... Hayes was just fine where he was and watched in awe of all the passing lights! It would point and squeel and clap...He was just too much fun and too cute as he danced to the Christmas music that was playing! The girls talked about everything in such detail and it was such a joy listening to them talk about it and hearing their thoughts aloud.
Georgia informed us that she "LOOOVVVEESSS Reindogs but she does NOT like Mr Santa!"... their conversation then went as follows...
G: "I do not want Mr Santa to come to my house"
E: "I do I like Santa! Don't you want him to come and bring us presents Georgie?"
G: "No... Mommy can bring us presents Emmaline"
E: "Okay if you don't want him to come I can tell him."
G seemed content with this answer and they both went on looking at the lights haha.















At the end of the light park there is an entire little "town" set up, complete with a general store, a cabin for Mr and Mrs Clause, a country kitchen, and a stage where a live band was playing. We got candied pecans, hot chocolate, suckers, cheetos and kettle corn and then found a spot to sit and enjoy our goodies while we listened to the band. It was a really fun experience and the first time I have had all three of the kiddos since I have officially become their AUNT! haha
Santa's Wonderland also offers carriage rides and hay rides but I didn't know this in advance so we were not prepared for the colder weather and just went through the park in our car but if you are looking to go take some blankets and warm clothes so you can give the hay or carriage ride a try!
The kids and Erica will be back in town Sunday for a whole week!
Can't wait to have Erica over for drinks while we do crafts and plan our adventures for NYE and NOLA! More to come on that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment