Monday, December 5, 2011

Nutcracker...

Friday Landrie and I went to stay at the Houston Galleria. I picked her up around 3 and we went non stop until about 11 that night! We got to the Galleria Westin, got checked in, and then hit the shops! I had several things on my list for Christmas gifts but most things we purchased were for her and not much got crossed off the list... fine by me because we had so much fun! Once we passed Build-a-Bear there was no way we were getting out of going there... We made a polar bear and a ginger bread woman. We went ice skating there at the mall... we did surprisingly well! I was a little nervous at first and she almost backed out but with a little coaxing she was all about it and once those little feet hit the ice she was in love! We went around the rink several times and right before we were calling it quits she took a pretty hard fall and was more than ready to be done. We had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and it was every bit as magical as I remeber it being when I was a kid. Such a neat experience and the food was good too! We sipped on Shirley Temples and "solved the worlds problems"...I drank it all up... every last sweet, silly, story or topic of conversation! After that we went back to the room to watch Dolphin Tale but we never saw the end because we fell asleep... guess we'll have to wait for the DVD to come out.










thanks random girl for getting in our picture ha







Saturday morning we got up and actually did some shopping for other people and made my list a little smaller! That afternoon we went to see The Houston Ballet perform their version of The Nutcracker. This was our second year to go and it was so neat watching it with her! We got tshirts, an ornament, and a book to remember our time there!
Times like these are so dear to my heart and make me think back to when I was Landries age and getting to go places with her mom and dad, Cathie and Kevin. I went on their first date, watched Kev rope and even kill a rattlesnake... that doesn't include all of the memories I have from running around with Cat and her friends, Jennifer, Jennifer, Donna and Holly! I cherish the memories I have with Cat and Kev from when I was young and pray that one day Landrie will look back on our time together and say the same about me!
So blessed to have a close knit family!

pictures from my iphone were the best we could do bc no cameras allowed

Sunday Jeff and I watched the bowl selection show on ESPN and celebrated Baylor going to the Alamo Bowl and Bama going to the National Title game!!! Can't wait to watch both teams play!


No comments:

Post a Comment