Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Crazy Christmas...

I have not been in the holiday spirit this year... not sure why... just in a funk I guess but this past week did the trick in lighting my holiday fire! My mom came in town on Wednesday and we celebrated Christmas with her on Thursday since we will be skiing on Christmas day this was our gift exchange. She cooked us dinner, we wrapped gifts, and watched Christmas movies on Lifetime Movie Network. It was so nice having her stay at our house and I hope she makes many more visits to stay with us!
Friday, we all went to my Aunt Cathie and Uncle Kevin's house to celebrate Christmas with my mom's side of the family. We are a close knit bunch and always love getting together...this time was no exception.
Saturday morning Tate, Mimi and I went to try on our dresses for our cousin Ben and his fiancee Melissa's wedding in March. I was dreading this because I did my usual, I'll lose weight before March... sheesh I've got plenty of time HA... better luck next time! Luckily my dress fit so thats a plus even if I wasn't smaller like I had planned I was at least smart enough to order my dress in my actual size and not the size I was hoping to be ha. The dresses are wonderful and we are so excited for the soon to be bride and groom. Cannot wait for the wedding!
Anyhow back to family Christmas...
This year we decided the cousins would wear crazy Christmas get ups for the dinner and opening of gifts. Tate and I were VERY excited about this and couldn't wait to find the perfect crazy Christmas sweatshirt! We searched high and low and finally found "the perfect ones" online! When they came in they were a little different than we were expecting... Tate's sleeves are very unproportional to the rest of her sweatshirt and my sweatshirt that was labeled as a Large online is definitely NOT a large! What was going to be worn with black leggings turned out to be an almost mid-drift sweatshirt haha! The more insane the better I suppose! Once we all got dressed on Saturday it was such a hoot!
Here is a look at our selections...













Mom prepared a delicious meal as always, Jeff actually got to join us and the gift exchange went off without a hitch. We spent the evening eating, drinking, talking way too loud, reminiscing about old times and making new memories to recap in years to come!
 Landrie got the best gift of the night...a karaoke machine! She kept saying she got the best gift... a Carrie Underwood! You sing Karaoke.... Carrie Underwood sings haha... I can see the confusion. This gift ended up being everyones favorite and we all had a blast singing our hearts out. Jeff and I sang a duet to Kid Rock and Cheryl Crow's song Picture and rocked it if I do say so myself. Then me, my mom, Aunt Sharon and Aunt Cat sang Rose Garden and put on quite a show! We definitely needed the microphone because we are all so quiet and shy HAH! I'm sorry to all those in near by neighborhoods that night! I have a smile plastered on my face just thinking about it all!
Now it's back to work and on to the next party!
Christmas is coming ready or not!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment