Friday, February 18, 2011

Serendipity Ball and Super Bowl Sunday

What a crazy and eventful past two weeks it has been... I know this post is long overdue! Saturday February 5th was Tate's Senior Belle Ball and I wouldn't have missed it for the world! Belles are part of The Abilene Philharmonic Guild and serve as ushers for all concerts, decorate for guild events and help out in the community to raise money for the Philharmonic.I too was a Belle all through high school, back when it was still called Tempoettes...Im officially old! To honor the Seniors who have devoted their time to the Guild they host a Tea/Brunch and Ball for Guild members, friends and family of the Senior Belles and Beaus. Due to the crazy snow storm the brunch was cancelled so we spent the day getting ready for the ball. It was such a fun day with my mom and sis getting our hair, nails, and makeup done. The presentation went beautifully. I fought back tears as I listened to the MC who spoke of Kaitlyn, her accomplishments and future plans. She stood there on the stage in a beautiful dress and waited to give my mom a rose and walk to the dance floor with my dad. I remembered my ball and all the emotions that come with it, for me it was one of the first times it really sank in that the end of high school was near.





Tate and Dad danced the Rumba as my mom and I laughed, cried, and took pictures of the two of them. Once the dance was over my dad inhaled his food and tried to rush us girls because he was ready to get on the road to Dallas for the Super Bowl. We quickly told my mom bye and we were on our way to meet Jeff in Irving, he didn't get to join us for the ball because he had to study for his exam. If you know Kel, my dad, then you know how fun/interesting the car ride was haha he is entertaining thats for sure!

We made it to the hotel around 12:30am, went to Whataburger, and rested up for the big day! Sunday morning we woke, got ready and at noon we went to tailgate at Dad's restaurant, Fishbone, across from Cowboys Stadium. We spent the day drinking beer, eating, and talking to friends/customers/vendors. Poor Jeffrey had to leave after the game ended and drive back to CS because his test was Monday morning. The game was so much fun and we were so grateful to have had the chance to go! I didn't get many pictures because I did not take my purse or camera in the stadium so I will have to get some from my sis.

Tate and I had a fabulous Monday together. We went to lunch at Tin Star and enjoyed their hamburger tacos and got cupcakes from Sprinkles for ourselves and the pups. I then hurried back to CS to get a massage and meet Jeff for dinner at my favorite place... Chick Fil A! Perfect day in my book!


Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment