Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Party like a Rock Star...


About a month ago Tate and I hosted a bachelorette party for our cousin Ben's fiancee, Melissa! She lives south of Houston so thanks to my mom we hosted the party at Hotel ZaZa in Houston in the Rockstar Suite! It was ridiculous! So fun and so nice!





 I designed the invitations and water bottle labels on my MacBook and then had them printed at Office Max. I love how they both turned out!
The tshirts are ones that we dyed and designed during our craft weekend and then, for the sake of time, I printed them when I got home. To make them I used my Silhouette, freezer paper, an iron, and screen printing paint.
For the water bottle labels I just printed them off, laminated them with packing tape, cut them out, and taped them on to the bottles.
(Picture of invites and labels on next post)
Once everyone arrived to ZaZa we got settled in and then went to Inner Me Studios to take a pole dancing class... sounds sexual huh?
NOT AT ALL!




Hilarious!
None of us were good enough to make it look how it sounds haha. I had done this once before for B's bachelorette party I hosted in 2010 at the same place and it was a great experience both times! 
After dancing we returned to the hotel to give the bride some lingerie and then get ready for dinner and our night out on the town. Then we headed to Cyclone Anais to eat... It was so good! I'd definitely recommend going.
While at dinner we debated which bar to go to... We needed one that was 18 and up. Hard to find in a big city! Once we found a few we caught a cab... Our search was interesting to say the least... The first place we went none of the girls would get out of the car because it looked very scary... The next place looked very similar but we decided to go in because we didn't want to spend our evening in a cab! We went in, paid a $15 cover and left 10 minutes later. Finally we ended up at Wild West where we felt save and everyone had fun!
So excited for the wedding and can't wait to officially have Melissa in the fam!

2 comments:

  1. Super stunning party it was! Loved the venue a lot. I am also a big party freak and on my 25th birthday I also threw a funky party in last month. I had booked one of the prettiest indoor LA event venues for this party and truly the venue offered great service.

    ReplyDelete