Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Big Things to Come...

So many exciting things coming up but cannot go into all of them just yet. This past weekend Erica and the kids came in town and as always we had a blast. Friday night we went to a Ducks Unlimited banquet with Sid, Daniel and Erica. We ate lots of great food and drank lots of free booze but didnt win anything at the raffle. Better luck next year I suppose. Jeff was insistent on going straight home after the DU event but once in the parking lot we convinced him to go to The Tap for just a few pickle juice shots ;D

the only picture I got at the DU event

We spent the day Saturday between Boston's and Knockouts with Logan, Josh, Cameron, one of Jeffs med school friends, and his girlfriend Shahriela. That night was reserved for our favorite go to place, Corner Bar, with Mike and Rach. They took their engagement pictures Saturday morning and when I saw Rach that night her makeup still looked flawless! I cannot wait to see all of their pictures! She has started a blog and everyone should read it... she is such a hoot!

After lunch at Ozonas on Sunday Erica, Vicki and I started preparing for Emma's upcoming birthday party!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE birthdays or any reason to have a party for that matter! She is going to have a cooking party (more on that to come) so we made aprons for all the little boys and girls. We used camo/blue fabric for the boys and Emma picked out the girls fabric which is just too cute. Sid is convinced that none of the little boys will actually wear their apron but we are hoping he is wrong hah. The girls were so great while we were sewing, they were having a tea party outside and swinging on the porch swing with Pop/Sid. Hayes too was a little saint and I just couldn't keep my camera out of his sweet little face! 
G eating Oreos after lunch



Got a little tired while watching movies and eating popcorn... poor girl

Such a great big sister! 

This week I went cleaning and cooking crazy starting on Sunday! This beautiful weather really gets me motivated! I opened the blinds, turned all TVs to the country music chanel, and got to work! Now our house is clean, the laundry is caught up and I have prepared all of our meals each day...this is a feat people! So at night time I have been enjoying the smell of home cooked meals and freshly cleaned laundry as some of it air dries over our banister. My efforts have not gone unnoticed by Jeffrey and that makes the 5 loads of catch up laundry, the cleaning of the carpets, the buying and preparing of the meals worth every second I spent doing it! Our nicely cleaned home is also decorated for Easter! Starting with the fabulous new Spring wreath my mom bought me to hang on our front door! I bought some Easter candy on Monday, I am such a sucker for it! I just love the pastel colored candies that come with Spring... I cant help but grab a handful of m&ms everytime I walk by our easter egg bowl.

Tonight we are taking it easy, Jeff is studying, Im having some sweet red wine while waiting for him so we can get to watching some of our favorite shows.
This weekend I have a wild time planned, soon will be Emma's party in San Antonio, Kaley's baby shower and my sister's 18th birthday trip! I cant wait to share all the details about each event!

1 comment:

  1. Yea!! Such cute pictures!! Have a fantastic weekend!!

    ReplyDelete