Monday, November 26, 2012

Our little turkey...

Our little turkey is a... BOY!!!
Tuesday November 20th was our sonogram to find out the gender of sweet Baby S! I had been thinking/swearing this baby is a girl... I just knew it hah. Jeff and Tate stuck with their guess of boy the whole time. I was so excited once we got to the doctors office Tuesday morning because I knew that very soon we would know if this baby was a boy or a girl. Soon it would have a name other than Baby S and soon we could start buying it things fit for a girl or fit for a boy!! Tate got to go with Jeff and I and I'm so glad she did. Once in the room the lady asked us if we wanted to find out the sex of the baby and we told her yes... She showed us the sweet little hands, tummy, face, spine, legs and feet, then said ok I'm going to move between the legs... Any guesses on what it is?! Jeff laughed the most precious laugh and we all replied BOY!!! Tate and Jeff were right... How could this be... I was excited... I was completely shocked... This whole time I've been thinking it was a little girl in there... Poor guy! We quickly text my mom and dad to tell them the news! This is HUGE news on my side of the family, first grand baby, first boy, ohhhh let the spoiling begin!
While waiting for the doctor I just had to text Mel and B who I knew were just as certain as I was that this baby was a girl haha BOY were we all surprised! I have a great record of guessing the gender of friends and families babies but totally missed my own ha isn't that about par for the course.

After talking with the doctor and hearing that everything looks great we left the office and went to pick up a cookie cake to announce the gender to the Stevens side of the family! Jeff, my mom and I met Erica and the kids, Rach, Sid and Vicki at lunch where we told them all about our perfect little baby BOY!

We decided to wait to tell my Girls Weekend Girls {with the exception of Mel} all in person on Friday night at Mel's house. Friday couldn't come soon enough! Thursday night my sister helped me make cupcakes and fill them with BLUE icing. They all arrived at different times so we got to announce it over and over again hah... Here are their predictions and reactions...

Preston Tate Stevens
you are SO LOVED!
We cannot wait to meet you!

2 comments:

  1. I was so shocked! But my oh my, how sweet little boys are!! Can't wait to meet him and introduce him to his twin besties P & B!!!!

    ReplyDelete