Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Celebrating Kate&Walter...

While in Abilene we hosted a wedding shower for Kate and Walter. It turned out beautifully!
Kate was my very first friend when I moved to Abilene in kindergarten and has been one of my best friends since! She has been there for me through it all, she celebrated with me when we found out I would be having a little sister and was the first friend to hold Kaitlyn aka Tate, she got me through break ups, my parents divorce, and was with me the night I met the love of my life, Jeffrey! We were inseparable growing up, always in the same class until 3rd grade came alone and we thought our lives were over! Luckily 4th grade we wound up in the same class again and all was right with the world! God bless those poor teachers ;D
We are loud, we are bossy, we are dramatic and we are sensitive!
So alike and so different!
She is so special to me and I am beyond thankful for the bond we have!
She and Walter are getting married February 16, 2013 in Mexico! I gladly accepted the bridesmaid invite, booked our room, made our flight reservations and starting dreaming of matching tanks and swimmies!
In August I found out I was pregnant and couldn't be more excited, a few weeks later I went in to the doctor and she said no way no how are you going to Mexico at 32 weeks along in your pregnancy unless you are prepared to possibly give birth in Mexico! WHAT!!!! I absolutely do not want that! But this would mean I couldn't go to the wedding of my life long friend!
Cue the crying uncontrollably, the long dreaded phone call to Kate, and the endless apologizing for missing the wedding!
I am pretty certain the weekend of February 16th I will be in bed, in pajamas, box of tissue near by, crying my eyes out and wondering what all the girls are doing and how Kate looks and if she's nervous and so on...
Already seeing the sacrifices of being a mom! I know this lil guy will be sooo worth it and that Kate completely understands my absence but that doesn't keep me from wishing I could have both ha!
Anyhow back to the shower... It was at our home country club Saturday night, close friends and family, complete with a mimosa bar, heavy hors d'oeuvres, very intimate and just perfect!
Here are some pictures from the night...

So while my girl friends are dieting and working hard on their beach bods for Mexico 2013 I'm sipping on this delicious treat and full as can be haha...

1 comment:

  1. Love you and love this post! The shower was WONDERFUL and I couldn't ask for a better life long friend :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete