Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Girls Weekend 2011...


Every year 8 of my girlfriends from home and I go away together for the weekend. It is often, crazy, dramatic, and loud, but most of all FUN! This past weekend was GW2011!!! We had a newbie this year also... Rachel, my soon to be sister-in-law came along and I'm so glad she did!

Friday morning I left CS and headed to my dad's condo at Possum Kingdom... we call it Kel's Place. Jackie, Alison, Molly and Madisen arrived shortly after I did and it was on! We decorated the condo with pink table cloths, streamers, and got out all the snacks. We spent the afternoon at the pool telling stories and sippin' on pink panty droppers. Mad and Jack had a dance off... don't ask who won because its a highly debated, sensitive subject ha. Claire and Rachel arrived that night but Alison and I were the only two willing to stay awake to chat for a bit... the others were so tired and needed to rest up for the next day.






Saturday morning Mendy and Melanie got there and we took to the boat. Mendy was our captain and did a fabulous job!  We went to Fox Hollow for lunch and then we were off to Hell's Gate! After getting the anchor to stick we were finally set! We threw in the lifejackets, grabbed some beer, and jumped in! The water was perfect and conversation was steady... Life was good! We spent more time at the condo pool then went to Salina's for dinner. Late night came so soon, we sat around the living room for story time before bed.

Thanks Me you can drive our boat anytime!






 Sunday came and we said our goodbyes... As I got to the turn on Hwy 16 I watched in my rearview mirror as Jackie's jeep went Right, toward Abilene... I cried. I was going left back to CS and as ready as I was to be home with Jeff and our circus a part of me was so sad to be leaving my friends and having them go back "home".  Can't wait to see all of my Abilene girls again soon!

Kate we missed you and cannot wait to see you in October!
Rach thanks so much for joining us!!

Already anticipating GW 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment