Saturday, April 27, 2013

1 month...

Oh my goodness where does the time go? Make it slow down!
I know I promised a post weeks ago but the days fly by around here!
Our little guy is 1 month old today! How can it be!

We are getting the hang of things, diaper changes take us less time, feedings are so easy, and I think I could swaddle with my eyes closed. We've gotten out of the house several times now and managed to remember all the necessities.
In the last month we've celebrated Preston's first Easter, been to Mason's 7 on 7 games, went to Abilene to visit Nana, Boss, Mennie and The Morris fam, we even made it to dinner with Kristen and Bayat!
For the most part our days are spent at home snuggling, napping and nursing.
We call him the milk man because the boy loves to eat!
At night he wakes up every 3-4 hours to nurse and honestly I don't mind waking up to feed him... There's just something so sweet about those night time feedings... All is quiet, its just me and him... He needs me and I like that.
Another night time favorite of mine is waking up to both my boys...


Now if you were to ask me in the afternoon I wouldn't speak so highly of the night time haha by the time afternoon comes I'm exhausted and grouchy! Afternoon naps are a must for this mommy!
Jeff and I are soaking up every detail we can... Crazy how quickly he changes!
Oh how I wish we could remember it all!
That sweet breath, his tiny little features, all the sweet noises and expressions he makes...
Ahhhh I could go on and on!

Here's a look at our last month...
Get ready for picture overload!

Not all days are easy though... We have days like these too...

We have been lucky enough to have Jeff home with us this last month... I don't know what I would have done without all of his help. From changing diapers, changing litter boxes, doing laundry and dishes, to holding Preston so I could get some rest or squeeze in a shower that isn't extremely rushed... He's done it all!

We've also had lots of help from Nana {my mom} and Auntie {Tate} ... They've spent hours of their time bouncing our sweet boy, helped bathe him, kept him so we could go out for a little adult time and they have loved on him to no end!
MawMaw has also been by to love on our sweet boy!
We are so blessed to have such loving families!

HAPPY 1 MONTH PRESTON TATE! We adore you and are so proud to be your parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment